So I have been reading up a little on the FIRE framework.
Considering I have been in digital marketing industry, it got me thinking that maintaining an online presence is not cheap. Especially if you are someone who is not very comfortable with HTML/CSS/JS.
Especially in today’s world where a digital nomad lifestyle is in vogue and passive income gurus are on the rise, one can easily forget that maintaining an online presence could cost a lot of money and the your passive income project might end up costing hundreds of dollars.
Maintaining an online presence requires following things (roughly) –
- Domain registration ($18 per year)
- Email hosting (From $10 per year to upto $6 per user/ per month)
- Hosting (Up to $15 per month)
- SSL certificate (Free or $100 per year)
- Website (Free or up to $4 per month)
- Marketing automation (Free or up to $100 per month)
- Other plugins – accounting, e-commerce, CRM (upto $1000 per year)
This costs can significantly add up when one tries to do this for multiple domains.
I am interested in utilizing existing technology to the best extent possible. Hence, will be taking up a project to explore all the things mentioned above and different options available for someone interested in spending as little money possible to stand up a digital experience.
Do subscribe to learn more!